Update to Coordinated Assessment
Effective immediately, persons who are experiencing homelessness (living outside, in a car, or other place not meant for human habitation) and seeking permanent housing resources in the Lee County CoC should contact 239-533-7900, and select options 1, 5, then 3, to complete a Coordinated Assessment. As of March 17, 2020 (today), United Way 211 will no longer be completing assessments over the phone with clients. It is understood that clients may continue to call 211, if persons experiencing homelessness contact United Way 211 they will be provided the number above and transferred.
Due to current circumstances all assessments will be completed over the phone until further notice. See phone options in BOLD below. Please remember that due to Covid-19 ALL agencies are altering operations to ensure the health of clients and staff. Wait times for referrals, call backs, and access to housing and services will be longer than usual. Please remain patient and in communication as we work through these changes.
When normal operations are resumed persons experiencing homelessness can complete the assessment in the following ways:
- By Phone: 239-533-7996 – Options 1, 5, then 3 (Mon-Fri 8am-5pm)
- In-Person with Outreach Staff
- In-Person at CCI (Mon, Tues, Thurs, Friday from 8am-12)
- Veterans may also access the Coordinated Entry System at:
- Jewish Family and Children’s Services via phone 941-366-2224 extension 628 (Mon-Thurs 8:30-4:00pm)
- St. Vincent De Paul (To be determined)
Here is a link to a flowchart depicting the new Coordinated Entry process.